Sunday, December 8, 2013

"You" by J.L. Whitehead





YOU


You’re like a fine line that separates me from my spirit
Almost like there’s a part of me that’s floating…free-falling

…wanting to lose myself in you
And the other part is grounded – on lock down – afraid to feel because I want to feel.

I can’t keep my hands off of you – and the moments we shared (as few as they were)
Keep playing and replaying themselves in my head
Dancing over my heart,
Fluttering over my mind,
And I’m pinwheeling.

Until I don’t hear from you and I have a moment to think
And everything is clear – like a full moon on a cloudless, autumn night.

You look at me from across the room and there I go – smiling.
Aching for you
Like I’ve never felt someone gaze at me like you
Or kiss me like you
Or rest their head on my chest like you.

And then I loved you – stretching and filling you…
Exchanging passion for tenderness
Warmth for heat
Heartbeat for heartbeat

And after all that, I’m still feeling you…
But when I’m away from you
A level head takes over and I put the wall up…
So that I don’t know how much I miss you…and your smile

Or maybe…it’s just me wanting…
You.


~ J.L. Whitehead

Written: Monday, March 7, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment

Four Brothers Publications annouces the release of "Plantation"

The past is past. It should stay there. Childhood memories are powerful things. Siblings Tarek, Indigo, and Drake spent every summer at th...