Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Introduction

By now, many of you know that I am a journalist as well as an author.  In this industry, author's and publishers alike make mistakes.  The difference is, do you learn from those mistakes and do you keep it moving forward?

I've learned so much about people, provider's of service, publishing, marketing and networking.  And yet, with all of that being said, I'm still learning.

For the past few years, I've been reading the works of my constituents (and yes, they are my constituents and NOT my competitors), interviewing them, and consequently, promoting their works.  I do this gladly because it is part of my "paying it forward" mentality.  Sometimes this has worked out to my advantage, and other times, it hasn't.

I've learned that if I had just invested more time in myself as I have with other authors, I would be in a different position now.  I believe this with every once of my being.

Why not create a platform where you can broadcast and promote yourself as well as the authors around you?  There is no rule that says that you cannot "pay it forward" for yourself as well as others.

So here we are!

I want you to know about me as an author as well as a journalist on a different level.  I also want you to know about the multitudes of talented writers and poets...people that deserve recognition for their contributions to the literary industry.

As time moves forward, you will learn about my works, present and upcoming as well as the current projects of some of the greatest talents in this industry.  This arena will include detailed write-ups, links to their websites and many promotional opportunities.  I hope to learn more about you and hopefully, you will learn more about me.

Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to, "The Writer's Megaphone"

~ J.L. Whitehead

www.fourbrotherspublications.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Four Brothers Publications annouces the release of "Plantation"

The past is past. It should stay there. Childhood memories are powerful things. Siblings Tarek, Indigo, and Drake spent every summer at th...