Sunday, November 10, 2013

"Show Me Love" by J.L. Whitehead







I think that everyone has a cousin that felt more  like a brother or sister...this is mine!


"Show Me Love"

Oh sweet girl, what you thought, what you perceived even if it was only your reality.
It certainly wasn't mine.

You thought somehow that you had wronged me...that maybe you hurt me,
that you had to repent of the pain that you thought you inflicted.

But what you don't know is that you've given me love
...and friendship,
...and laughter
...and joy.

How I looked for and up to you.
How everytime I saw you, I knew that I was safe with you you.

Safe in the way that a younger brother could love his older sister.

You didn't know that my heart beat with pride when we walked to the store,
or to the avenue,
or the library.

...on sunny days or when it rained.

And I loved you.

You didn't know that the poor memories you gave me were all good.

You made me laugh and you showed me love.

You weren't any different than the average sister.

And the part that you don't know is that for those times,
...those weekends,
...those days...

You were mine.

Love you Family!

~ J.L. Whitehead

Written Friday, December 17, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Four Brothers Publications annouces the release of "Plantation"

The past is past. It should stay there. Childhood memories are powerful things. Siblings Tarek, Indigo, and Drake spent every summer at th...